IBF-STS: Win-Win Practical Business Negotiation
An IBF (Institute of Banking & Finance) Accredited Program
Conducted via Zoom Platform
Weekday: 15-16 September 2021 (Wed/Thu) *Full
Weekend: 2-3 October 2021 (Sat/Sun) **New Class
Weekday: 11-12 October 2021 (Mon/Tue) **New Class
REGISTER HERE NOW!
ABOUT THE COURSE
Negotiation is a process where two or more parties with different needs and goals discuss an issue to find a mutually acceptable solution. In business, negotiation skills are important in both informal day-to-day interactions and formal transactions, at all levels and with both internal and external stakeholders.
This course provides the tools and preparation to be intentional and purpose-driven in any negotiation situation. The right negotiation mindset will strengthen your business success whilst the right tools and methods will build relational trust. As the skills needed in negotiation may not be second nature to many, it is a teachable skill because it involves a technical and systematic approach due to the situational nature of negotiations.
- Develop a principled approach to negotiation that concedes to principles, not pressure in commercial negotiations
- Establish the elements of negotiation preparation critical to support the negotiation goals of the organization
- Apply the negotiation process, tools and techniques to assist in achieving the desired negotiation outcomes
- Skillfully facilitate the negotiation discussions designed to maximize the zone for possible agreement between the parties
- Track the negotiation progress with a method for recording the events for evaluation and documentation purposes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- For individuals, with at least 6 months’ working experience, who need to work with stakeholders to achieve the organisation’s goals and interest
- For experienced self-taught negotiators seeking a structured approach to improve one’s mastery of negotiations to further refine one’s skills and abilities
- For team leaders or managers who need tools and techniques to coach or guide his/her team to become proactive in supporting the negotiation process
- Situationally able to think, plan, and apply negotiation techniques or tools to improve the multi-party discussions in an intentional manner
- Constructive in responding in a calm and collected approach, instead of reacting, when differences or deadlock arises during the negotiations
- Proactively track, record and review the progress of the negotiation to stay on course with the desired goals thus reducing risk of making wrong moves
- Cultivate a climate of relationship building while working through the hard issues with the other party to arrive at a mutually agreeable outcome
Skills Category: A. Business Development and Strategy Development
Skills/Competencies: A3. Business Negotiation (Level 3)
Duration of Programme: 2 days (12.5 hours in total, including Assessment)
Venue: Online (Via Zoom Platform)
Pricing: S$1,600.00 (Before Enhanced Funding Support) *See Funding (below) or check here for more information on grants
|For Self-Sponsored /Corporate-Sponsored Individuals|
|Enhanced Funding Support* (90%)||$1,600*90% = $1,440|
|Total Fee Payable by Individual (after Enhanced Funding Support*)||$1,600 – $1,440 = $160|
|*Enhanced Funding Support only for Singapore Citizens and Singapore PRs|
- Developing a Collaborative Mindset
- Improving your Influence and Assertiveness
- Establishing Interpersonal Trust and Credibility
- Resolving Differences Strategically
- Establishing your Negotiation Process
- Exchanging Information to Repackage Options
- Prioritizing Value during Bargaining
- Settling the Agreement Accurately and Amicably
- Founder and Managing Partner, DD Consulting Pte Ltd
- Change Management Practitioner, PROSCI™,
- Executive Coach, Marshall Goldsmith®
- Certified Agile Practitioner
- Author of “F.I.R.E.F.L.Y: How to build trust and credibility?”
Regina Chua has more than 30 years of international learning & organisation development consulting combined with 15 years of corporate tech management experience in global MNC.
Her experience in the Financial and Banking sector focuses on helping clients build strong collaboration internally and externally through stakeholder management solutions. From delivering bespoke learning solutions for private banking, developing leadership and talent management programme in the insurance sector to training negotiations and influence programs for consumer and corporate banks, her rich experience and tools have helped her clients achieve stronger relationships and results through intentional engagement strategies.
The Straits Times singled her out in the inaugural SME Spotlight coverage in 2009 for her enterprising corporate edge in the industry. Trailblazing further in 2015, Channel News Asia also covered her successful book launch on her proprietary systematic soft-skill consultative engagement framework, “FIREFLY – How to Build Trust and Credibility”. In 2016, she was awarded the prestigious Singapore Institute Management Awards, both the SIM Top Trainers of 2016 and Corporate Client’s Vote for Corporate Trainer of the year 2016. Recently in 2020, her work with her clients were recognised by the industry as the Company won three coveted awards & recognition in Human Resources Vendor Of The Year 2020 for sales, management training and employee engagement.
Regina holds both an MBA (Strategic Marketing) from the University of Hull and a BBA (NUS) and is currently a practicing executive coach and consultant for Agile Transformation in Digitalization.
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF-STS, please visit the IBF Standards Training Scheme site.
About the IBF Standards
The IBF Standards are a set of competency standards for financial skills. These Standards are developed in partnership with industry leaders and provide a professional development and skills roadmap for financial sector practitioners to excel in their respective job roles. They currently cover 12 industry segments in the financial sector.
About the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore
The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) is the national accreditation and certification agency for financial industry competency in Singapore under the IBF Standards. Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg