Handling Difficult Customers/Situations
One of the most challenging things to deal with in business is handling difficult customers who are never satisfied and who continue to change the game as the relationship progresses. When dealing with such customers, the salesperson requires a strategy for dealing with difficult people, self-restraint and an ability to keep power in the relationship. The sales professional must learn when to be hard and when to be soft in conflict.
With the varied nature of customer interactions, it’s easy to see why one needs to have more skills to assess the situation and respond accordingly to manage difficult and demanding customers, rather than a standard prepared response. They need to know how to work around the problem in a systematic yet mutually beneficial approach.
In this area, we have designed programs targeted for key account managers, sales managers and customer service leaders who are tasked to resolve issues that are more complex. We leverage the tools of negotiation and influence to create a workshop that is designed to create a proactive and collaborative approach to overcoming the difficult situation without damaging the relationship.
In handling difficult customers, we focus on
- Building Common Ground and Trust: keeping trust with your communications delivery
- Brain threats and rejections
- Wavelength and behavior for trust building
- Techniques to handle passive aggressive vs. active aggressive behaviours
- Overcoming Resistance to Maintain your Resolve and Relationship Goal
- Setting the right context to create possibilities
- Reducing risks for all parties
- Addressing scare tactics with counter measures